Sunday, May 19, 2013

Enjoying the little things...

I feel like a completely different person today than I was a month ago.  I believe that Chance and Savannah are making me a better person...a better mom.  I'm learning s.l.o.w.l.y that things don't always have to be clean, on time, and just the way I think they should.  Sometimes, things get better when you just sit and enjoy the moment.
So for the first time...I know that I'm really behind on putting pictures up on the blog and I'm not upset with myself for falling behind because I've been holding my babies, and taking naps, and doing things that make me and my family happy.  I can't believe that I am 33 and I'm just now realizing that I like naps.  I think life is better when naps and babies are in it!

I need to give a huge shout out to Carol for coming to my rescue the first week that Savannah was home from the hospital.  Carol slept for a week on our uncomfortable couch, made us delicious comfort food every night, and spent time talking and drinking Chardonnay with me :)
So... thank you Carol! I appreciate you more than you know!



Chance adores Savannah! He is an amazing big brother.  I feel like we are watching him mature right before our eyes. I am so proud of the caring sweet boy that Chance is. 

 

Grandma Carol and Savannah 

 

We didn't stray to far from home while Savannah was on oxygen.  There was something to intimidating about venturing out with a baby and an oxygen tank. 

Marti during her last days just laying with Savannah
 
 

Usually my big adventure out of the house for the day was to go to Ms. Barb's to pick up Chance from daycare.  These are all of the kids that Chance and Savannah will be with all day once I return to work.  They are all really sweet kids.  It is a big comfort to already have an established trusting relationship with Ms. Barb.  I think it will make returning to work easier.   
 

Sleeping and growing...

Savannah was able to be without her oxygen tank on 4/26.  It was such a relief to know that she was growing and thriving. 

I think that Chance and Savannah look very similar.  The picture on the left is of Chance when he was two weeks old.  The picture on the right is Savannah at three weeks old. 

Max has continued to be the hardest working person I know and has been pulling double shifts by working at his job during the day and on the garage every spare minute he has at home.  Chance loves spending time helping Max with his tools. 

Max has built this completely on his own and has accomplished so much considering that he has only had the evenings and weekends to do it. 
 

It makes me feel almost guilty for partying with my friends while he is out slaving away on the garage :)
It was a special treat to spend the evening at home with three of my closest friends on my birthday. 

I could sit in bed forever and watch Chance care for Savannah.  It is heart melting. 

Savannah is growing by the day and now fits into all of her newborn outfits and more importantly  her head bows. 

I've even been brave enough to go out for brunch with both kids.  Of course I had some pretty great helpers with Chance. 
 

I hope I continue to allow myself to be in the present moment for my children and to always enjoy the little things...like naps...and watching sleeping babies.

No comments: