Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Valentine's Day

I feel like a lot of people say that they don't like Valentine's day. I've heard it's just a holiday completely generated by the floral, card, and chocolate industries.
I say...I could care less who generated the holiday.  I'm not going to cry if I don't get a diamond bracelet every year, but I'm not going to go against a day that suggests that I should spend an evening with the two loves of my life.

Max was finishing up on a project for work, so I decided to order in food from our favorite Thai restaurant Tuk Tuk.
I also stopped by the cake shop to get a little slice of chocolate cake for dessert.


Chance's daycare provider, Ms. Barb, is clearly not one of those people that is opposed to Valentine's Day.  I almost died when she came walking out with Chance and this stuffed dog that is larger than Marti.  

After dinner and cake we spent some time watching Chance play

and catching up with each other after a busy work day. 

Max plays "itsy bitsy spider" with Chance on the ipad every night before bed time.  Don't worry...I read him real story books too! I promise!

Good night Chance! Thanks for being our valentine.  



I also surprised Max after Chance went to bed with his favorite bottle of wine and home made chocolate fondue.  We had a great night at home and we both feel very blessed and loved.  

The next night we got to open up Chance's Valentine package from Grandma and Grandpa Lehman.   

We love getting packages in the mail.  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Lehman!

Chance apparently loves sweet tarts! I wish I could have captured a decent pic of the hilarious face he made when he ate them.  

Who doesn't love a little teddy and a box of chocolates? 


Chance also loves dragging around his sock monkey from Grandpa Les whenever he walks around upstairs.
Thanks to both grandparents for sending Chance a little Valentine's day treat.  He is definitely a lucky and loved little boy.  

No comments: