Wednesday, February 22, 2012

All good things must come to an end

The last two days of our staycation, Max and I spent soaking up the winter sun and skiing the back bowls of Vail.  I'm happy to report that I found some ski legs so I didn't have any more epic wipeouts after our first day at Breckenridge.  
I guess chill easy ski days make for boring blogs...sorry.  
I guess you'll just have to settle for some pics.  
The view from the top of China Bowl, Vail.  

The statue of the 10th mountain army division soldier that greets you as you enter Vail Village and another view from Blue Sky Basin.  

The view from my favorite run, Big Rock Park, and random pictures from Vail Village.  

After 5 days of skiing on 3 different mountains, a dinner at the Cookhouse, and 4 restful nights of going to bed early and getting up late...it was time to make our way back to Denver.  We were both missing our little man and I think my parents were ready to be relieved of their babysitting duties.  

Two short hours later we were back at home, hugging our little guy and saying goodbyes and thank you's to my parents.

Is there any feeling quite as good as returning home after a vacation?  I love vacations, but there is something so great about stepping back into your routine, your home, and your spot in life.
Max wasted no time picking up just where he left off...
Sanding his ski press...don't worry...I don't understand how all of this fits together either, but as soon as I can make logical sense of it all...I will put it together in the blog for you.  

More sanding

Marti loves spending time in the back yard while Max works on his projects.  

I was just excited to play with my little man.  We spent the afternoon at home cleaning up, starting on our laundry, and relaxing.  
We ended our staycation at a restaurant on Larimer Square, downtown with our friends in celebration of Katie's birthday.  

Italian food, good wine, and good friends! Yes...please!

The birthday girl!

Laughing our way through dinner. 

Nick and Megan enjoying the pizza.  

A toast to the birthday girl.  


Happy Birthday Katie! I don't know what I would do with out you.  

No comments: