Thursday, February 9, 2012

Mom and Dad Visit and the Lakers are in Town


This past week was really special! My mom and dad came out to visit for about a week.  Our friends had been planning a ski trip for the past several months and Max and I wanted to be able to ski with our friends.  I also wanted my parents to have quality time with Chance so it ended up being the perfect opportunity to ask my mom and dad if they wanted to come to Denver and stay in our house while Max and I went on our ski trip.  We were lucky that they wanted to watch Chance and that they agreed to come to Denver so that we could have a few days to reconnect and ski.  
My parents ended up getting into Denver just before a huge snow storm.  The city of Denver reported 18 inches of snowfall from 5pm on Thursday night to 5am on Friday morning.  I'm really glad that my parents were able to make it into town before the terrible weather and road conditions.  
On Friday morning...I learned that I had a snow day from work which never happens.  We were lucky to spend the day playing in our pajamas, catching up, and relaxing.  

The only bad thing was that Max was not able to make it to work with all of the snowfall.  He had a huge project that he needed to work on before leaving for vacation.  Chance did not understand and wanted more badly than anything to get into the office to play with Max and all of the computer components.  I'm sure this was not annoying or distracting for Max at all :)

But mom...why won't you let me in the office.  I know my dad is in there!

My parents brought along their new puppy "Tink".  She kept running off with all of Chance's little toys.  Aren't daschund puppies the sweetest?  

Notice anything different?  Sigh...Chance is now walking...no running all over the house instead of crawling.  Time is moving way too fast :( 

Playing "High Five" with Grandpa

Try and pick who was having more fun

We wanted to do something nice for my parents for making the trip to Denver so that we could vacation for a few days.  We decided that a trip to our favorite Mexican restaurant downtown and a Nuggets game would be the perfect way to say thank you.  


Chance and I at dinner downtown.  

My mom and dad (the brave babysitters :) 

Chance and daddy at dinner. 

Nuggets vs. Lakers at the Pepsi Center

Chance was so well behaved during the game.  He sat happily on our laps and fell asleep in my mother's arms by half time.  

Of course my dad had to buy Chance a Rocky pillow pet at the souvenir shop. 

My mom overlooking the game.  

The Nuggets played a really great game.  It actually came down to the last 11 seconds and the Nuggets had a chance to make the winning shot.  

Sadly, the Nuggets ended up on the losing end.  At least we got to see Kobe play.  

All in all it was just fun to be in such an exciting atmosphere and enjoy time together.  


Better luck next year Nuggets! Keep playing your hearts out and we will be back to cheer you on again and again.  

No comments: