Friday, August 16, 2013

Living Room Camping, Blues and Brews Fest, and Sailing

This past week in pictures is random. 

We wanted to plan a camping trip with the kids, but realized we were running out of warm weather and time.  We decided to do a trial run in the living room just to see how the kids would handle it. 

Chance loved reading books and playing in his tent all night. 

If the weather in the mountains stays nice enough we may brave a camping trip with the kids in the next few weeks.  Fingers crossed...we'll keep you posted. 

On Saturday we made breakfast at home and played with Chance and Savannah because we had date night planned for later in the evening. 
Me made breakfast. 

Watched cartoons...

and learned to draw monkeys. 
This picture below is Chance's disapproval of my attempt at monkey drawing.  He scribbled all over it in orange and said, "NO Mommy! That is not right!"
I'll have to ask Nick to help me work on my monkey drawing skills...

Max got out his old micro machines and has been playing them with Chance every night as well. 
I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I don't want to jinx ourselves, but I think we are.this.close
to being out of the tantrum stage and into the reasoning and thinking stage with Chance. 
Feel free to say...Hallelujah!

Saturday evening we took the kids to Ms. Barb's for an overnight. 
Max and I went to the blues and brews fest on pearl st in our neighborhood and had a blast!

On Sunday we followed our normal routine with the farmer's market and the park, but I thought you might not want to see those pics again :)

Cook came by after lunch and asked us to go sailing with him at Chattfield Reservoir.  We packed up the whole family and made a day of it on the fake beach. 

Savannah lounged away in her little sun tent while Max, Cook, and Chance set up the boat. 

I lost the battle with trying not to pack too many things.  I'm slowly accepting the fact that babies need lots of things and I enjoy myself more when they have them. 
Does it look like we brought enough stuff to enjoy the beach for a few hours?

Chance was hysterical in his little life vest with the safety leash. 
 

The wind was very calm so there was no extreme sailing.  It was still nice to get out. 

I love this photo just because of the expressions on both Max and Savannah's faces. 

I guess a bad day of sailing is a good day on the beach. 
Nick showed up and we ended up having a picnic, playing football, and relaxing in the sun. 
All in all it was a great weekend. 
 

No comments: