Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Springer's in Colorado

*I realized the other day that I am about one month behind on the blog.  I guess I have just been having so much fun with all of our friends and visitors that I have forgotten to document what all we've been up to.  I'm sorry for slacking! I'll catch you up one weekend at a time for the next few days.


Last President's Day Weekend (approximately one month ago) our good friends Justin and Lindsey Springer came to Denver for a visit.  Justin and Lindsey are so special to us and we absolutely love every minute that they are with us! I think part of what is so special about the Springer's is that they are our oldest friends as a couple and we always have fun with them no matter what we are doing.

The Springer's arrived at DIA on Friday night.  Max, Chance, and I picked them up from the airport and then brought them back to our house for a little gathering of our old college pals.  Chance stayed up just long enough to give everyone a hug.  Nick, Cook and Danny Eakin all came over to visit with the Springer's.  I made a few appetizers and we all sat around laughing and reminiscing.  It was a great night at home.
 The next morning we were up and ready to charge the mountains.  Because Chance requires SO MUCH STUFF we ended up taking two cars.  We split up into guys and gals because...let's be honest...Lindsey and I needed to catch up on all of the good stuff :)
I'm pretty sure Lindsey and I solved all of life's little problems on the drive to the mountains.  Who knows if the guys car with Nick, Justin, and Max even spoke a word.  All I know is that there is nothing better than I talk with your bestie when you are driving through something as picturesque as this!

After about a two hour drive, we had arrived at our destination.  Max and I had so much fun at the Tennessee Cookhouse on our stay cation that we decided to try it out with the group for lunch.  


The best part was that this time we got to bring Chance!!

There was a little bit of a debate at the nordic center about whether or not we should snow shoe or cross country ski.  This group is so progressive...I should have known that snow shoeing was out of the question.  Go big or go home!
Justin and Lindsey are not even skier's so when they agreed to give the cross country skis a shot I knew Chance and I were all in :) 

Chance looks as scared as I felt! Do you remember my pictures from last time?  I had a few wipe outs :) 

Luckily, this day was totally different! The sun was shining and we were surrounded by amazing friends!

We all survived the ski to the top and our reward was this beautiful view from the cookhouse patio.  We didn't even get to see this when we were there for dinner.  WOW!

and WOW

Lunch at the cookhouse was more simple than dinner but just as delicious.
I even got a compliment from the wait staff about how well behaved Chance was...that was my first, and I have to admit it made me smile from ear to ear! I love my little guy :)


Marti had a great day too and loved the hike!


View from the patio.  Family photo!

Our lunch crew.
Megan Savage, Lindsay and Justin Springer, Us, Nick Seglie, and Ben Reser. 

Max and Chance playing on the patio after lunch. 

My BFF 

Miss Megan Savage and I


Lunch was an absolute blast and we could not have had more fun in a more relaxing atmosphere.  Max found the tubes were out when we returned to the nordic center and he decided to give Chance his first tubing experience.  The verdict is that Chance is still too young to enjoy this, but someday soon...this will be E.P.I.C

We ended our day full of fun at our condo in Avon with a pasta dinner for all! We were joined by the Westerman's and Josh Springer from Aspen.
I can not remember a night that I have laughed so much!
We are so lucky to have such wonderful friends.
We are truly blessed!
 

No comments: