Monday, September 23, 2013

Our New Playroom and the Avalanche Game

The past few weeks have been busy! Work has been crazy for both Max and I so we have spent a lot of our down time just playing with the kids at home and watching football.


Savannah is now sitting mostly without support, so I decided to start bathing her with Chance in the evenings.
Chance loves the new addition to his bath routine, but

something tells me that Savannah is not yet sold on the joint bath routine just yet.  

Early mornings are currently my very favorite time with the kids.  I think it is because we are all awake but everyone is still in lazy mode.  I guess we like to wake up slowly together while snuggling in bed.
Baby cuddles, coffee, and the Today show are a pretty terrific combo if you ever get the chance to try it! I used to think that running was the only way to start my day.  This is quite different, but I much prefer starting my days this way :)


Check out our new toy room.
Max and I have been working on it nightly for weeks.
It took a while, but I think everything turned out great.
I love being able to watch the kids play while I cook and tinker around while cleaning.
It's super relaxing...not to mention that every toy in the house having "a place" to call home makes me JaZZ hands excited.  
 
 


This past weekend we started Friday night off with the Avalanche game at the Pepsi Center.
I tried to get a picture of all of us in an Avs uniform, but Chance i.n.s.i.s.t.e.d on the nuggets. Oh, well you still get the point....it was the Avalanche hockey home opener.  

Cook hooked us up with some amazing tickets and we were fortunate to view the game from a suite.  
 

The suites are meant to hold 20+ people, but all of our friends were late and or hanging out at the bar so we got some great family time in.  

It was so fun to hang out with just the four of us for a while...
(I mean somewhere other than our living room :) 
 

We had a blast! 

Our friends showed up somewhere around the second quarter and really livened the suite up.
We had a great time chatting and giggling while watching the game.


The Avs won in overtime!
Chance loved the chants and cheers.  He was beyond excited and requested a victory selfie.
Love that kid...
Here it is....this is what victory in overtime looks like for Chance and I! 

We wrapped up the weekend by relaxing around the house on Saturday and then heading over to Luke's for the K-State game in the evening.
The cats are not so exciting to watch this year. At least we have good company to cook food with???

Sunday morning was our same old same old routine with the farmer's market and the park.  It was the pet adoption fair at the farmer's market and Chance and I honestly looked for dog to scream out "TAKE ME HOME" but we didn't find it :(
Oh well....Max was against the idea anyway. Maybe in the spring?
We ended the weekend with a day of bean bags and BBQ at the York's  house with our fantasy football league.  It was a great day and great weekend.
I'm hoping the cold will hold off so that we can have a few more exactly like it (minus the Wildcat loss of course)!
 

No comments: